The VRS plan is based on Gujrat Model VRS pattern. The VRS scheme will be available for the employee who has attained the age of 50 yrs. and above. As per MTNL management statistics around 26,000 employees fall in the age group of VRS plan. Management is expecting that around 13,000 employees will come forward and opt for this VRS plan.
The compensation which is being planned for employees opting for VRS will consist of salary of 35 days for every completed year of service and 25 days for the balance years of service left until superannuation. The compensation will be subject to a minimum of Rs. 25,000 or 250 days salary whichever is higher. However, this compensation shall not exceed the sum of salary that the employee would withdraw at the prevailing level for the balance of the period left before superannuation. Salary for the purpose of VRS will consist of basic pay and DA only.
GS and AGS (HQ) met with ED (NB), BSNL Corporate Office and discussed regarding:
- CPC from EE (Elect) to SE (Elect): We requested to expedite CPC to fill-up 25 vacant SE (Elect) posts by promoting EE (Elect). ED (NB) informed that the CPC has been completed. And, now the promotion orders will be issued on receipt of VCRs. He assured an early action in this regard.
- Implementation of equivalent pay parity (Notional Pay fixation w.e.f. 01.10.2000 to all upgraded pay scales) among the executives of Civil/Electrical/Arch/CSS/PA/PS : We drawn the attention of ED (NB) towards the letter written by BW unit wherein information is being asked from field units regarding employees of Civil Wing and requested for similar action in EW and Architect Wings also. ED (NB) assured to look in to the matter.
- CPC from JTO (Civil) to SDE (Civil): We requested to expedite the CPC from JTO (Civil) to SDE (Civil) to fill up 64 vacant SDE (Civil) posts. ED (NB) informed that the CPC is in progress and to expedite the CPC he will discuss the matter with PGM (BW). ED (NB) also informed that he has discussed the stagnation in the cadre of JTO (Civil)/ (Electrical) with CMD BSNL where a JTO of 1992 year of recruitment is still waiting for his fist promotion. CMD has advised to take immediate steps to reduce the stagnation.
Based on the demand from the Associations, Est.Section has called the pay drawn details of Civil/Elect/Arch. executives as on Oct-2000 to process 1-10-2000 case. Click here
GS and FS met ED (NB), BSNL Corporate Office and discussed regarding:
- CPC from EE (Elect) to SE (Elect): We requested to expedite CPC to fill-up 25 vacant SE (Elect) posts by promoting EE (Elect). ED (NB) immediately contacted Jt. GM (Pers) and find out the status of CPC wherein it is informed that CPC has been completed and the minutes of the CPC have been sent to the CMD BSNL for approval thereafter the promotion orders will be issued on receipt of VCRs. He assured an early action in this regard.
- CPCs from SDE (E/C) to EE (C/E): We requested to initiate CPCs for promotions from SDE (E/C) to EE (C/E). ED (NB) mentioned that PGM (EW) has started the processes to initiate the CPC for promotion from SDE (Elect) to EE (Elect) and he will further discuss the matter with PGM (BW) also to initiate the CPC for promotion from SDE (Elect) to EE (Elect) on the basis of existing EE (RRs).
- Consideration of request transfer cases of SDEs (C/E): We requested for consideration of request / tenure transfer cases of SDE (C/E). ED (NB) assured to look into the matter.
- Promotion from EE (E) to SE (E): ED (NB) informed that DPC has been completed, but VC available is not current. So current VC is required before issue of order. But we cited the case of DGM, CAO promotions where promotion orders were issued subject to the clearance of VC. He agreed to talk to GM (Pers) and Director (HR) in this direction. We also requested him to post one SE (E) in Orissa Circle.
- Promotion from SDE (C/E) to EE (C/E): We requested ED (NB) to expedite the DPCs as per present policy by considering all SDE (C/E), irrespective of the qualification of Diploma / Degree. We apprised him about the establishment cell letter dated 8.3.2016 regarding updating of service books of TTAs with Diploma Engg. With 10 years experience as degree in engineering. He is fully convinced and assured to talk to PGM (BW) and CMD and process the case in the next week. He was also that regarding the vacancies would be filled up from SCF without leaving any posts for MT quota as there is no such provision in BSNL MSRR for Civil / Electrical discipline.
- Notional pay fixation w.e.f. 1.10.2000: we requested to expedite the case by releasing the file from establishment cell. GS emphasized that ED (NB) being the nodal authority for C/E/Ar/TF disciplines to kindly resolve the issue in consultation with Director (HR) and CMD. He assured ot take positive steps and try to get it done during his tenure.
- Promotion from JTO (Civil) to SDE (Civil) on Seniority cum Fitness: we requested to expedite the DPC considering upto date vacancies and correcting the vacancy calculation under SCF and LDC quota. He assured to look into the matter.